I'm out of my depth drowning in today's article

In this forum we'll create projects that we'll pursue to lead to a project driven life
Majeed

I'm out of my depth drowning in today's article

Post by Majeed »

I want to grok what you wrote in today's article on the Perfect Bullseye story. Let me start with what I think I get. When I, let's say, place a value on something like a painting. And let's say I call the painting stunning, or radiant, or peaceful. That seems to be 'It's nothing until I call it'. In other words, it seems like I can decide what I want something to be.

Well, the thing that is confusing me is the question of accuracy. If the archer spends countless hours on the skill set of hitting the bullseye and then someone comes along and just draws a bullseye around wherever they hit, how is accuracy distinguished? I guess assuming that accuracy matters.

Recently, I saw that I can give someone room to see something as they see fit. And still, I wonder what becomes of us when I can make up a doctorate degree and post it along with those who put in the 10,000 hours to earn theirs? Yes, I am not the arbiter, but is there an arbiter for assessment?

Oh wait, maybe there is no set standard of measurement when it comes to value.

Here's my attempt to flush this out: I say, "I am going to eat according to my food list" Then, I get an urge to have a donut. I eat the donut. If my food list is the bullseye, then the donut, not on my list, is not, right? Or, if I go by 'it ain't nothing until I call it,' could I just call eating the donut as hitting the bullseye?
I am now aware that I have been operating from the unidentified 'word': I shouldn't have to do what it takes to get what I want. And maybe what I haven't gotten is that my unidentified word has overwritten any subsequent 'word' like: I am going to eat according to my food list.

Alright...Eating the donut is not wrong; eating the donut is eating the donut. If there is nothing else to concern myself with, then I'll call it as I choose and be happy in the way one can like you talk about in the on/off light bulb video.

Please forgive me if I've made a mess of this all
Sophie
Site Admin

Re: I'm out of my depth drowning in today's article

Post by Sophie »

Majeed wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:30 pm I want to grok what you wrote in today's article on the Perfect Bullseye story. Let me start with what I think I get. When I, let's say, place a value on something like a painting. And let's say I call the painting stunning, or radiant, or peaceful. That seems to be 'It's nothing until I call it'. In other words, it seems like I can decide what I want something to be.

Well, the thing that is confusing me is the question of accuracy. If the archer spends countless hours on the skill set of hitting the bullseye and then someone comes along and just draws a bullseye around wherever they hit, how is accuracy distinguished? I guess assuming that accuracy matters.

Recently, I saw that I can give someone room to see something as they see fit. And still, I wonder what becomes of us when I can make up a doctorate degree and post it along with those who put in the 10,000 hours to earn theirs? Yes, I am not the arbiter, but is there an arbiter for assessment?

Oh wait, maybe there is no set standard of measurement when it comes to value.

Here's my attempt to flush this out: I say, "I am going to eat according to my food list" Then, I get an urge to have a donut. I eat the donut. If my food list is the bullseye, then the donut, not on my list, is not, right? Or, if I go by 'it ain't nothing until I call it,' could I just call eating the donut as hitting the bullseye?
I am now aware that I have been operating from the unidentified 'word': I shouldn't have to do what it takes to get what I want. And maybe what I haven't gotten is that my unidentified word has overwritten any subsequent 'word' like: I am going to eat according to my food list.

Alright...Eating the donut is not wrong; eating the donut is eating the donut. If there is nothing else to concern myself with, then I'll call it as I choose and be happy in the way one can like you talk about in the on/off light bulb video.

Please forgive me if I've made a mess of this all
you didn't make a mess of anything... even though I published originally that article I think two or three years ago, today as edited it, I had the same questions as you did.

But one thing is sure: when you say A is A, you are actually drawing the bull's eye around A. When you aim at eating rice but instead you eat a donut, eating a donut is eating a donut. Obviously if eating rice is A, and eating a donut is B, you can see that A is not B... A is A, and B is B.

The way I approach life, everything, is this: i set out some direction, like feeling better. Then I do what I do, and I feel horrible.

I see that is the result I produced. Then I test it if the result was the result my actions will always produce, or there was a random and capricious happenstance... And it was a result, my next actions going to be different, taking me closer to feeling better.

My way is One possible interpretation of the second story with the drawn bull's eye... You always get the result you got.

The problem with the story is that the girl doesn't seem to aim at anything, like most of my students. She probably says: 'I shouldn't have to do what it takes to get what I want'... so there is no course correction, no moving towards a result... just f...ing around.

Is this useful?
Majeed

Post by Majeed »

First off, thank you for the generous reply. Yes, this is helpful.

I needed the reply to soak in. Whatever result I get is what result I get. And it's the aiming at something that requires attention to see what results happened and what course correction is necessary for the direction.

The purpose that we will be formulating seems to be about setting a direction. If I may, an aimless life offers no fulfillment. This I can see from my life.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Majeed wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:25 pm First off, thank you for the generous reply. Yes, this is helpful.

I needed the reply to soak in. Whatever result I get is what result I get. And it's the aiming at something that requires attention to see what results happened and what course correction is necessary for the direction.

The purpose that we will be formulating seems to be about setting a direction. If I may, an aimless life offers no fulfillment. This I can see from my life.
There are two directions. The overall direction... and the direction, the aim, the intended outcome of an action. The macro and the micro.

The girl in the story seems to have the overall direction as having fun... and in the micro: just shooting. She seems to accomplish both with every shot.

The moment she changes either, she would be forced to learn that the how doesn't always serve the what... And that the micro what is rarely in alignment with the macro...

It's a designing job... and few take time an heart to do it.
Majeed

Post by Majeed »

Even with everything you are dealing with, you still can offer a reply like this- My hero!

Ok, I'll be mulling this over today: "There are two directions. The overall direction... and the direction, the aim, the intended outcome of an action. The macro and the micro."

It seems like an example would be: Macro- Living a life I love, powerfully. Micro- Learning to muscle test with accuracy.

Let me get to mulling :D

Thank you
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Majeed wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:08 pm Even with everything you are dealing with, you still can offer a reply like this- My hero!

Ok, I'll be mulling this over today: "There are two directions. The overall direction... and the direction, the aim, the intended outcome of an action. The macro and the micro."

It seems like an example would be: Macro- Living a life I love, powerfully. Micro- Learning to muscle test with accuracy.

Let me get to mulling :D

Thank you
Yeah Baheej, please mull. xoxo
Majeed

Post by Majeed »

A little mulling coming up...

Setting a direction seems to have in it the opportunity to design a life, i.e. A life you love and live powerfully, and yet equally as much, an opportunity for the opponent to triumph.
Yeah, it’s the gotdamn opponent that is just too big of a bastard. Yeah, can Source tone it down a bit. LOL
No, but really, there’s something that may be showing itself, or more likely it was always there, and I’m just seeing it.

It’s never better anywhere else. Where I am, how I am, doing what I am doing is supposed to be as unique as my fingerprint. So why would I be anywhere else, anybody else other than me.

I can be just fine when my results are what they are. Whatever I do will produce what it produces. In and of itself, it doesn’t mean anything. I could do something that produces millions and I could do something that loses millions. If I don’t fall into the trap of the opponent/entitlement/the ditch, etc., I can keep moving forward, ideally in the direction I designed.

Perhaps it works like this: Once I set or design the Macro- direction then I spend my life practicing in the Micro-direction- integrity, huh?
Ok, I’m not entirely satisfied with how I put that so let me try it like this…
Macro example: I am designing a life I love with self-expression and nourishing challenges. Micro example- I bring fun and listening to every phone call I make at work. Maybe that's better. LOL

As long as there is a direction, I can do something and whatever result I get, I can look and see if it is taking me in the direction I want to go. So, course correction only seems be possible when there is a direction in which to go.
And this all comes back to your urging us to practice becoming more present as in, how would we manage our direction if we are not present enough to do so.

Now, I’m seeing something around the subject of eating. Does what I’m eating take me in the direction I want my health to go? I also see that I would need to create a stronger conversation for possibility around my health/eating.

PS. I don’t think I could’ve seen just how important this challenge/forum is from the outset. If people really knew what was possible, they would be moving heaven and hell to be here doing this work. (this includes me)
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Majeed wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:31 pm

As long as there is a direction, I can do something and whatever result I get, I can look and see if it is taking me in the direction I want to go. So, course correction only seems be possible when there is a direction in which to go.
And this all comes back to your urging us to practice becoming more present as in, how would we manage our direction if we are not present enough to do so.

Now, I’m seeing something around the subject of eating. Does what I’m eating take me in the direction I want my health to go? I also see that I would need to create a stronger conversation for possibility around my health/eating.

PS. I don’t think I could’ve seen just how important this challenge/forum is from the outset. If people really knew what was possible, they would be moving heaven and hell to be here doing this work. (this includes me)
yes. according to Sean D'Souza what is missing is memory, long term memory. People are not storing what they see, what they accomplish, so they always tart from zero