The ORIGINAL Drink your Food challenge

The Drink your food challenge
Jodie

Re: The ORIGINAL Drink your Food challenge

Post by Jodie »

I am seeing what you mentioned in the video today about being mindful...I see that if I take a bite and count to 40 automatically, it's completely different than becoming present and chewing and tasting. I even still get some stomach discomfort if I count to 40 like a robot.

I found being present and chewing to be like an 'escape' today...it was a crazy hectic day, and the couple of times I got to sit and eat and close my eyes and be present to the chewing, it was like a small escape from the day, a really calming break where I could shut out the world for a few moments. That was a cool experience.

I need to re-cap the fulfillment process and go through it again. But I'm still learning things just from the chewing. It's easy to do it automatically now that I'm used to it, but it's also much easier to notice that I'm not present when I'm doing that and then focus in, which it seems is helping me notice when I'm not present in other areas as well. I'm also seeing more ways that the chewing process seems to mirror other processes, like taking an emotion or frustration and 'chewing' it down to an expectation, and eventually down to nothing. This is still so interesting.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Jodie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:53 am I am seeing what you mentioned in the video today about being mindful...I see that if I take a bite and count to 40 automatically, it's completely different than becoming present and chewing and tasting. I even still get some stomach discomfort if I count to 40 like a robot.

I found being present and chewing to be like an 'escape' today...it was a crazy hectic day, and the couple of times I got to sit and eat and close my eyes and be present to the chewing, it was like a small escape from the day, a really calming break where I could shut out the world for a few moments. That was a cool experience.

I need to re-cap the fulfillment process and go through it again. But I'm still learning things just from the chewing. It's easy to do it automatically now that I'm used to it, but it's also much easier to notice that I'm not present when I'm doing that and then focus in, which it seems is helping me notice when I'm not present in other areas as well. I'm also seeing more ways that the chewing process seems to mirror other processes, like taking an emotion or frustration and 'chewing' it down to an expectation, and eventually down to nothing. This is still so interesting.
yes. isn't it interesting that if you do it like a robot, like a have-to, the results are not there? I myself fell into that trap today, and just wanted the chewing to be over with... I had hours of stomach ache.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Magda wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm This is my first draft of the structure of fulfilment.

1. Who and Why and Attitude.

Who I am is that I can make proper use of Life Force in me. Proper means beneficial for me and other beings. I am that I am on the side of Life.
I am doing this because I am going to be healthy and live meaningful life.
My attitude is that I am going to stay alive and be responsible for this gift. I will do it even if I don’t see the meaning and purpose.
I am going to stay humble and trustful in relation to Sophie and make her feel her work is worth living and fulfilling.

2.Possibility.

The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of Source and make other beings see and feel their own light, beauty and potential.

3. Opportunity

Resources:

1. I have a jaw and I can chew :D
2. Mostly I have enough time to chew, sometimes I have less, but it is still doable.
3. I remember the choice I have made, Life instead of just living or surviving.
4. I have a job that I love. It is worth living and it is not for myself alone. I influence others and I am responsible for the role I fulfill. This strengthen my commitment to the challenge.
5. I have a lot of curiosity about this challenge. I am excited too. It elevates me and keeps me committed.
6. Sophie says it can be done.

Weak points:

1. I don’t have my food list and I am not ready to follow it. (It has an advantage though – I will be able to check out how chewing itself works)
2. My English. It is a difficult task to process, so doing this in foreign language takes plenty of time. When I am searching for the words of power that are in alignment with my deepest Who and Why, I need to do this in Polish. Then I look for the word or expression in English and I am never sure if I say what I mean. If I could do this in my own language I would share more and receive more coaching.
3. From time to time I happen to forget about the choice I have made because of everyday toil that sometimes make me weak and depressed. This surviving mode is the biggest enemy of my commitment in anything I do. Although it never lasts long because I have my ways to deal with it and I can apply them to this challenge.
3. One of my biggest obstacles is my main coping mechanism which is ‘I am smarter’.
Explanation:
I had to be smart and I am scared to trust so much as I now trust Sophie. This is something new for me. I trust people’s feelings and intentions but I don’t trust their knowledge or skills. I have sometimes difficulty in seeing the difference between trust and gullibility, and between real possibility and pipe dream. The Smarter-Than-Anyone in me discourages me trying to protect me from being abused or in trouble or to lose resources for nothing.
Trust is my main pillar in this challenge, because my hopes and dreams in relation to this challenge seem to me too good to be true. Poor results may weaken my commitment because I follow them only because I trust Sophie. And I don’t know how I will manage to maintain this trustful attitude in confrontation with poor results. (Or maybe I already know. It is enough to remember about the magic that have happened in me, this wonderful and moving feeling of relief, joy and gratitude when I realized that I didn’t have to be smarter anymore. Anyway, I still struggle. )

4 Action.

1. Start chewing, continue chewing, restart chewing after breakdowns.
2. Sharing with people. It is unavoidable, there are people everywhere that see me chewing, and chewing, and not talking :lol:
3. Sharing on forum, even if it takes time in English. I will improve my English and have double benefit.
4. Stay in touch with Sophie and her content.

I think it is enough for the beginning.

5 Resolving Breakdowns... to be continued.
Very good with some weak points.

You may not be able to do some of it better, but it is good to know that it could be better, so I trust you that you'll take it as guidance.

1. The possibility statement is still going to get the reaction from people: 'good for you", or "you are dreaming". What you want is for the other to say "I want that!"

You say: The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of Source and make other beings see and feel their own light, beauty and potential.

Some word is missing... what is missing for most people? The freedom to be that? Permission to feel their own light? Unless you put it there, it is a bird with only one wing.

2. Smarter than another, in your case, is coming from fear. No SELF-TRUST... But even if you make a mistake, and trust and it wasn't a good idea, you can recover, no? So come from the place that you can HANDLE anything. Handle means you can be OK in any circumstance... because you can. No reason is necessary...

I am very elated that you trust me. I'll make sure that I keep on earning it.

3. If and when something unexpected happens and things don't turn out: look for YOUR part in it... that will help you keep the trust.

Thank you for your generous share. I appreciate it and I appreciate you. xoxoxo
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

I'm not quite sure what to post today...I think overwhelm is a good word for where I am. I'm seeing that I haven't even known what a project is, or that it takes 10 skills to do a project, or so many other things. I'm seeing that I seem to still be stuck in Step 2 as well...for example when I consider how the world could benefit from me doing something like a food challenge, I keep coming back to 'while I am learning a new way to eat and drink and being for myself and my health, I can be around longer, possibly long enough to learn what I have to give to be a contribution to the world.' I'm thinking that can't be all there is there, that there's still so much I'm not seeing, and this is only one of the 5 steps.

It occurs to me that I need to go back to the beginning of the 5 steps and be more mindful of each one, going through them again one at a time... and at the same time after today I determined that I need to go back to where I started on the Food Challenge as well, back to being more mindful and present to the chewing and less robotic, like I was when it was brand new. There's so much to learn here.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Jodie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 am I'm not quite sure what to post today...I think overwhelm is a good word for where I am. I'm seeing that I haven't even known what a project is, or that it takes 10 skills to do a project, or so many other things. I'm seeing that I seem to still be stuck in Step 2 as well...for example when I consider how the world could benefit from me doing something like a food challenge, I keep coming back to 'while I am learning a new way to eat and drink and being for myself and my health, I can be around longer, possibly long enough to learn what I have to give to be a contribution to the world.' I'm thinking that can't be all there is there, that there's still so much I'm not seeing, and this is only one of the 5 steps.

It occurs to me that I need to go back to the beginning of the 5 steps and be more mindful of each one, going through them again one at a time... and at the same time after today I determined that I need to go back to where I started on the Food Challenge as well, back to being more mindful and present to the chewing and less robotic, like I was when it was brand new. There's so much to learn here.
yeah, falling back to old habits that don't work is what most people do. Campaign mentality.

Let me say something about step for: Conversation FOR Possibility: if you chew that way, and become present and healthy, do you need there for possibility to be present? Isn't being present and being healthy enough possibility?

But you have to, need to put yourself in every picture... and you are killing yourself in the process. The possibility dies the moment you put yourself in that picture... together with you. Your self-importance is killing you.

Go back and drink your food. Use the Big Bundle. And think less of yourself.
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

I am starting back at the drawing board, both with the attitudes, the project, and the Food Challenge.

After today's workshop, I think there are two projects here...is that correct? One project is the Food Challenge, for the achievement of better health and becoming an expanding human being. The other is our ONE THING...the first boulder from the article linked in your reply to Baheej, that must be eliminated in order to take any steps at all towards the outcome we ultimately are working towards. It seems like these can work together, things learned in one can carry over to the other.

I went back to chewing more mindfully, tuning in to all of the sensory experiences, with the intention of achieving better health, and the achievement of becoming an expanding human being. I experienced again how pleasant it is to have no stomach discomfort whatsoever after eating, and how much more flavorful food is when chewing this way.

At the same time I went back to one thing, the first boulder from your article about the 7 boulders.
At this point my only goal for the 2nd project is a meaningful life...the rest is useless if I don't address the thing right in front of me. The project is eliminating the first boulder, entitlement, which is literally killing me.

The Who: Who I am is that I can learn to slow down and be present, not always looking to the next thing...I can become someone who is the boss of my eating and drinking, and who can distinguish when I'm present and when I'm not, in this and in other areas. Just learning to be the 'boss' of my eating will help me become someone who is on the side of life and health and becoming a contribution to others.

The Who for Entitlement: Who I am is that I can start to notice entitlement...when I am entitled, where else I see it in the world, what it is and what it isn't, and the effects of it, to where I can actually change my mind about being entitled and eventually eliminate the first boulder that keeps me from a meaningful life.

I'm not sure if it's correct to see these as two projects for the 5 steps to Fulfillment. It seems to make sense that they can run alongside each other, it seems like the Food Challenge could run alongside any project... am I seeing that correctly?
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Jodie wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:29 am I am starting back at the drawing board, both with the attitudes, the project, and the Food Challenge.

After today's workshop, I think there are two projects here...is that correct? One project is the Food Challenge, for the achievement of better health and becoming an expanding human being. The other is our ONE THING...the first boulder from the article linked in your reply to Baheej, that must be eliminated in order to take any steps at all towards the outcome we ultimately are working towards. It seems like these can work together, things learned in one can carry over to the other.

I went back to chewing more mindfully, tuning in to all of the sensory experiences, with the intention of achieving better health, and the achievement of becoming an expanding human being. I experienced again how pleasant it is to have no stomach discomfort whatsoever after eating, and how much more flavorful food is when chewing this way.

At the same time I went back to one thing, the first boulder from your article about the 7 boulders.
At this point my only goal for the 2nd project is a meaningful life...the rest is useless if I don't address the thing right in front of me. The project is eliminating the first boulder, entitlement, which is literally killing me.

The Who: Who I am is that I can learn to slow down and be present, not always looking to the next thing...I can become someone who is the boss of my eating and drinking, and who can distinguish when I'm present and when I'm not, in this area and in other areas. Just learning to be the 'boss' of my eating will help me become someone who is on the side of life and health and becoming a contribution to others.

The Who for Entitlement: Who I am is that I can start to notice entitlement...when I am entitled, where else I see it in the world, what it is and what it isn't, and the effects of it, to where I can actually change my mind about being entitled and eventually eliminate the first boulder that keeps me from a meaningful life.

I'm not sure if it's correct to see these as two projects for the 5 steps to Fulfillment. It seems to make sense that they can run alongside each other, it seems like the Food Challenge could run alongside any project... am I seeing that correctly?
OK. I am glad this surfaced. The Structure FOR Fulfillment refers to a project, not to the feeling of fulfilled... this is important... No project, no need for the structure. It won't lead to a feeling, it will lead to a successfully completed project.

Do you have a project? Specific, measurable results, in time...

For either the chewing or the entitlement/boulder?
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

Ok, I see, thank you for clarifying - these are not projects. No specific measurable amount of time - both are indefinite & ongoing.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

yes. and unless you have a project you can't even use the Structure FOR Fulfillment, the structure is for projects.

but it takes both design abilities and courage to take on a project.
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

Food-wise, I find I am eating a lot less, because eating is not so 'flippant' now. It's more like an event, where whenever I can I don't eat until I have time to sit with it.

I also found, like Trish, that I don't seem to drink as much...each drink that I chew takes longer and seems to make me feel more full.

I'm looking at approaching the Entitlement project the same way I approached this one...I was looking forward to doing the Food Challenge and I was curious as to what I would experience & see.

It's not nearly as much fun to look at the Entitlement patterns that I've seen so far. It is insidious and it really is a prison.

But the same way that with the Food Challenge, I have to eat and drink, so I can decide how to do it and choose to do it mindfully, being present, in the way that is best for my health, I can do the same with living. I'm alive, at least for now, and the same way I can choose to be the boss of my chewing, I can be the boss of how I live...but what is so visible now is that without seeing what's underneath, everything else is ineffective. It's like chewing without really incorporating the saliva and getting to liquid...it's just going through the motions, no result.

I'm grateful for the Food Challenge, to get even just a glimpse of what it looks like and feels like to have a clear view of the objective and choose to act accordingly and see what we haven't seen. So far in the same way that every time it' s time to eat I'm reminded to look at how I do it, I'm seeing that when I notice that I'm calling myself or something else wrong, being condescending or feeling indignant, or just feeling 'wrong' about myself, there is entitlement behind it, and I can be reminded to look for it.