The ORIGINAL Drink your Food challenge

The Drink your food challenge
Sophie
Site Admin

Re: The ORIGINAL Drink your Food challenge

Post by Sophie »

Jodie wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm Food-wise, I find I am eating a lot less, because eating is not so 'flippant' now. It's more like an event, where whenever I can I don't eat until I have time to sit with it.

I also found, like Trish, that I don't seem to drink as much...each drink that I chew takes longer and seems to make me feel more full.

I'm looking at approaching the Entitlement project the same way I approached this one...I was looking forward to doing the Food Challenge and I was curious as to what I would experience & see.

It's not nearly as much fun to look at the Entitlement patterns that I've seen so far. It is insidious and it really is a prison.

But the same way that with the Food Challenge, I have to eat and drink, so I can decide how to do it and choose to do it mindfully, being present, in the way that is best for my health, I can do the same with living. I'm alive, at least for now, and the same way I can choose to be the boss of my chewing, I can be the boss of how I live...but what is so visible now is that without seeing what's underneath, everything else is ineffective. It's like chewing without really incorporating the saliva and getting to liquid...it's just going through the motions, no result.

I'm grateful for the Food Challenge, to get even just a glimpse of what it looks like and feels like to have a clear view of the objective and choose to act accordingly and see what we haven't seen. So far in the same way that every time it' s time to eat I'm reminded to look at how I do it, I'm seeing that when I notice that I'm calling myself or something else wrong, being condescending or feeling indignant, or just feeling 'wrong' about myself, there is entitlement behind it, and I can be reminded to look for it.
keep on doing it without making yourself wrong.
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

It strikes me that the Food Challenge is a picture of doing…not thinking, not learning, just doing when it comes time to do it, and choosing how I do it when that time comes.

Nothing to contemplate, nothing to judge right or wrong, just doing it how I choose to do it, however that is…and choosing to be the boss of how I do it without thinking about whether I’m right or wrong- right & wrong are irrelevant. There’s no ‘trying’ with it…there’s only doing.

I see it as smaller scale training of what it looks & feels like to choose, and do, being present to what I’m doing, with something I can actually do. I like to think of it as building eating & drinking skills, but I know that might be a bit overboard.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Jodie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:31 pm It strikes me that the Food Challenge is a picture of doing…not thinking, not learning, just doing when it comes time to do it, and choosing how I do it when that time comes.

Nothing to contemplate, nothing to judge right or wrong, just doing it how I choose to do it, however that is…and choosing to be the boss of how I do it without thinking about whether I’m right or wrong- right & wrong are irrelevant. There’s no ‘trying’ with it…there’s only doing.

I see it as smaller scale training of what it looks & feels like to choose, and do, being present to what I’m doing, with something I can actually do. I like to think of it as building eating & drinking skills, but I know that might be a bit overboard.
yes. and life is like this for people who live in reality.
Magda

Post by Magda »

Some notes and reflections after almost one month of chewing (I started before the official beggining of the challenge, as soon as Sophie mentioned this in the article). I also listen to the Big Bundle every night (it’s been already three months), I do liver cleansing with Sophie’s audios and from time to time the longer audio for body cleansing. I also use full moon and new moon energies.

1. I cannot say I’ve learned how to be present. For the time being I am learning how it is not to be present. My mind wanders around while chewing and it is sometimes even constructive, but that’s not the point. Still I am not at my food and what I am doing.

2. I don’t have cravings. Sometimes I don’t feel like eating at all. It puzzles me, because I am underweight and undernourished and I want to put on weight.

3. I have flatulence less often, the other symptoms mostly persist. Sometimes I even have an impression that I feel worse, but it is rather not connected with the digestive system itself. It is as if my sensitivity for the body increased. I can feel more strongly the physical tensions, emotions, sort of trembling, quivering, fragility of my body. I can feel more strongly than before the resistance to Light (as Sophie calls the source energy). I have always felt this but now it is more tangible. My body seems to struggle to take it or not to take it and I can observe it. Often the reaction is automatically ‘no’, while my mind says ‘yes’.

4. The resistance to Light, as I saw it, is somehow connected with the ability to sharing. My body symptoms (physical, emotional) all have something to do with the difficulty of releasing. It is not possible to share if my body retain things and it is not possible to receive when it is full. All of this is probably fear.
(I don’t have access to the core of the problem. Or rather I don’t know how to solve it, because my inner work often leads me to one specific incident. It was right after my birth, in the hospital, when I experienced a freezing reaction, sort of alert state, to immediate separation from my mother because of some complications. At that time I had no words to name it, so maybe this is why the reaction of my body is so automatic and I don’t know how to manage it.)

4. I started noticing multiple shades of baby genes working in me. There are for example moments when I forget that I have chosen something (e.g. taking the challenge) and I moan about something I can’t do while other people can, like eating something without consequences or having the life I have to give up to be healthy. I can see this baby crying and I talk to her. My inner dialogue is something like that:

‘Yes baby, this is real pleasure, but if you give it up you will make room for something much much better!’
‘But I don’t know any better!’
‘You will never know until you try!’
‘It is so hard/painful/boring/sad (et cetera)’
‘Yes, I know, but do you remember this wonderful, satisfying feeling of being grown up and taking responsibility for the things you choose?’
‘Oh, yeah, this is great!’
‘You see, we’d better have this. This is tastier than anything in the world!’
‘Sure it is!’

This kind of argument usually works, because even my complaining inner baby cannot resist the feeling of freedom that responsibility and choosing bring. She feels grown up and powerful then. Something opposite to being the victim.

5. I see this baby crying because of attachments, sticking to the things she knows and is afraid to lose. It brings me back to the lack of inner capacity to receive the Light.
Observing the baby genes in me I can tangibly feel the meaning of becoming the human being. It is simply becoming an adult. Continually.

6. I am more aware of the resistance to my health issue. No allowing, or allowing grounded in helplessness and resignation (which is probably not this kind of allowing Sophie talks about). I can see how not allowing or just resignation make the change impossible.

Thank you Sophie for all the energies you share and for your articles that help me name and manage things.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Magda wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:32 am Some notes and reflections after almost one month of chewing (I started before the official beggining of the challenge, as soon as Sophie mentioned this in the article). I also listen to the Big Bundle every night (it’s been already three months), I do liver cleansing with Sophie’s audios and from time to time the longer audio for body cleansing. I also use full moon and new moon energies.

1. I cannot say I’ve learned how to be present. For the time being I am learning how it is not to be present. My mind wanders around while chewing and it is sometimes even constructive, but that’s not the point. Still I am not at my food and what I am doing.

2. I don’t have cravings. Sometimes I don’t feel like eating at all. It puzzles me, because I am underweight and undernourished and I want to put on weight.

3. I have flatulence less often, the other symptoms mostly persist. Sometimes I even have an impression that I feel worse, but it is rather not connected with the digestive system itself. It is as if my sensitivity for the body increased. I can feel more strongly the physical tensions, emotions, sort of trembling, quivering, fragility of my body. I can feel more strongly than before the resistance to Light (as Sophie calls the source energy). I have always felt this but now it is more tangible. My body seems to struggle to take it or not to take it and I can observe it. Often the reaction is automatically ‘no’, while my mind says ‘yes’.

4. The resistance to Light, as I saw it, is somehow connected with the ability to sharing. My body symptoms (physical, emotional) all have something to do with the difficulty of releasing. It is not possible to share if my body retain things and it is not possible to receive when it is full. All of this is probably fear.
(I don’t have access to the core of the problem. Or rather I don’t know how to solve it, because my inner work often leads me to one specific incident. It was right after my birth, in the hospital, when I experienced a freezing reaction, sort of alert state, to immediate separation from my mother because of some complications. At that time I had no words to name it, so maybe this is why the reaction of my body is so automatic and I don’t know how to manage it.)

4. I started noticing multiple shades of baby genes working in me. There are for example moments when I forget that I have chosen something (e.g. taking the challenge) and I moan about something I can’t do while other people can, like eating something without consequences or having the life I have to give up to be healthy. I can see this baby crying and I talk to her. My inner dialogue is something like that:

‘Yes baby, this is real pleasure, but if you give it up you will make room for something much much better!’
‘But I don’t know any better!’
‘You will never know until you try!’
‘It is so hard/painful/boring/sad (et cetera)’
‘Yes, I know, but do you remember this wonderful, satisfying feeling of being grown up and taking responsibility for the things you choose?’
‘Oh, yeah, this is great!’
‘You see, we’d better have this. This is tastier than anything in the world!’
‘Sure it is!’

This kind of argument usually works, because even my complaining inner baby cannot resist the feeling of freedom that responsibility and choosing bring. She feels grown up and powerful then. Something opposite to being the victim.

5. I see this baby crying because of attachments, sticking to the things she knows and is afraid to lose. It brings me back to the lack of inner capacity to receive the Light.
Observing the baby genes in me I can tangibly feel the meaning of becoming the human being. It is simply becoming an adult. Continually.

6. I am more aware of the resistance to my health issue. No allowing, or allowing grounded in helplessness and resignation (which is probably not this kind of allowing Sophie talks about). I can see how not allowing or just resignation make the change impossible.

Thank you Sophie for all the energies you share and for your articles that help me name and manage things.
thank you for sharing. you probably need a lot more work than you have done so far......
Magda

Post by Magda »

Yes, I am sure there is a lot of work to do. Maybe it is even life long process. I feel already fulfilled in my life, so my health issue direct my attention to something beyond any fulfilling project. It is like finger pointing to the moon. And I can’t see the moon yet. I only have some hunch where to look. And believe that the moon exists (or I can create this?).
Magda

Post by Magda »

Sophie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:23 am
Magda wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Very good with some weak points.

You may not be able to do some of it better, but it is good to know that it could be better, so I trust you that you'll take it as guidance.

1. The possibility statement is still going to get the reaction from people: 'good for you", or "you are dreaming". What you want is for the other to say "I want that!"

You say: The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of Source and make other beings see and feel their own light, beauty and potential.

Some word is missing... what is missing for most people? The freedom to be that? Permission to feel their own light? Unless you put it there, it is a bird with only one wing.

2. Smarter than another, in your case, is coming from fear. No SELF-TRUST... But even if you make a mistake, and trust and it wasn't a good idea, you can recover, no? So come from the place that you can HANDLE anything. Handle means you can be OK in any circumstance... because you can. No reason is necessary...

I am very elated that you trust me. I'll make sure that I keep on earning it.

3. If and when something unexpected happens and things don't turn out: look for YOUR part in it... that will help you keep the trust.

Thank you for your generous share. I appreciate it and I appreciate you. xoxoxo

Thank you Sophie. It took me some time to think it over, with little results as yet.
It is really difficult for me to formulate these declarations, especially about possibility for others. It is because the best word I can find is... possibility. I mean, when I am very well in life, healthy and fulfilled, other people can see that this is also possible for them to have agency, get out of the victim mentality, to be healthy etc. They are also humans, aren’t they? You see, I cannot connect the dots :(
I found out that the words RESPONSIBILITY and COURAGE reinforce me the most, but not necessarily others. So I add these words to my WHO, and the word ‘freedom’ and ‘choice’ for the possibility for others.

1. Who and Attitude
Who I am is that I can make proper use of Life Force in me. Proper means beneficial for me and other beings. I am that I am on the side of Life.

I am doing this challenge because I am going to be healthy and live meaningful life.

My attitude is that I am going to stay alive and be responsible for my experience in the body. I will do it even if I don’t see the meaning and purpose.
I am courageous enough to take responsibility for my life.
I am conscious of the choices I make.
I can see the motivation standing behind my choices.

In this challenge I am going to stay humble and trustful in relation to Sophie and make her feel her work is worth living and fulfilling.

2.Possibility
The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of source and make other beings feel their freedom to experience their own light, beauty and potential.
Becoming a responsible and potent human being can make others see that they can also choose their own values and attitudes toward life.

When it comes to self-trust, it seems so difficult for me, because in this challenge I need a guide and teacher. And because for the first time in my life I feel I have found one, it activated very strong emotions in me. I know I can be ok, I recovered many times. But I don’t want to be just ok, I want be a human being in my full potential. And for this I need the teacher that I waited for. Before, there was no one I would like to follow (and I don’t mean learnig skills etc.). It sounds like a paradox that not trusting myself is somehow connected with not trusting anyone, and both attitudes have something to do with being smarter.
‘Looking for my part in it’ is about responsibility. Thank you for reminding me about this. It makes me stronger.
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Magda wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:39 pm
Sophie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:23 am
Magda wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Very good with some weak points.

You may not be able to do some of it better, but it is good to know that it could be better, so I trust you that you'll take it as guidance.

1. The possibility statement is still going to get the reaction from people: 'good for you", or "you are dreaming". What you want is for the other to say "I want that!"

You say: The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of Source and make other beings see and feel their own light, beauty and potential.

Some word is missing... what is missing for most people? The freedom to be that? Permission to feel their own light? Unless you put it there, it is a bird with only one wing.

2. Smarter than another, in your case, is coming from fear. No SELF-TRUST... But even if you make a mistake, and trust and it wasn't a good idea, you can recover, no? So come from the place that you can HANDLE anything. Handle means you can be OK in any circumstance... because you can. No reason is necessary...

I am very elated that you trust me. I'll make sure that I keep on earning it.

3. If and when something unexpected happens and things don't turn out: look for YOUR part in it... that will help you keep the trust.

Thank you for your generous share. I appreciate it and I appreciate you. xoxoxo

Thank you Sophie. It took me some time to think it over, with little results as yet.
It is really difficult for me to formulate these declarations, especially about possibility for others. It is because the best word I can find is... possibility. I mean, when I am very well in life, healthy and fulfilled, other people can see that this is also possible for them to have agency, get out of the victim mentality, to be healthy etc. They are also humans, aren’t they? You see, I cannot connect the dots :(
I found out that the words RESPONSIBILITY and COURAGE reinforce me the most, but not necessarily others. So I add these words to my WHO, and the word ‘freedom’ and ‘choice’ for the possibility for others.

1. Who and Attitude
Who I am is that I can make proper use of Life Force in me. Proper means beneficial for me and other beings. I am that I am on the side of Life.

I am doing this challenge because I am going to be healthy and live meaningful life.

My attitude is that I am going to stay alive and be responsible for my experience in the body. I will do it even if I don’t see the meaning and purpose.
I am courageous enough to take responsibility for my life.
I am conscious of the choices I make.
I can see the motivation standing behind my choices.

In this challenge I am going to stay humble and trustful in relation to Sophie and make her feel her work is worth living and fulfilling.

2.Possibility
The possibility of doing this is becoming a human being who fully embody vibrant energy of source and make other beings feel their freedom to experience their own light, beauty and potential.
Becoming a responsible and potent human being can make others see that they can also choose their own values and attitudes toward life.

When it comes to self-trust, it seems so difficult for me, because in this challenge I need a guide and teacher. And because for the first time in my life I feel I have found one, it activated very strong emotions in me. I know I can be ok, I recovered many times. But I don’t want to be just ok, I want be a human being in my full potential. And for this I need the teacher that I waited for. Before, there was no one I would like to follow (and I don’t mean learnig skills etc.). It sounds like a paradox that not trusting myself is somehow connected with not trusting anyone, and both attitudes have something to do with being smarter.
‘Looking for my part in it’ is about responsibility. Thank you for reminding me about this. It makes me stronger.
My question is: in the past 21 days: have you fulfilled on your promises?

And a remark: In a previous post you said that being present is not happening when you are chewing.

You are still in your head while chewing. the 'JOB' is to be in your body, feeling your muscles, feeling the tastes, the texture, the impatience, and remain with.. instead of looking for more entertaining things inside or outside.

I think this is very important.You are, in my humble opinion, too good with words... My hunch is that that is not a good sign.
Magda

Post by Magda »

Yes, I keep my promises with one exception - sometimes I don"t sit straight on a chair at the table, but on the sofa. But even then I try to keep my back straight. I don’t do other things while eating, I chew. My mind has the tendency to flow away but I cal it back again and again. I wrote I learned how it was not to be present, because I noticed it more. Not being present has become very clear now. The challenge is like the spotlight to my impatience, hurrying up (I had no idea I was in hurry so much, I am rather slow and precise), to my scattering, to my habits, like reading or listening podcasts while eating.

Today I have noticed improvement of my health. I feel very comfortable in my belly. A lot of things are changing, but this is difficult to say what works the most, because I work on myself all the time.

Yes, I am good at words, this is my skill, at least in Polish. I pay attention to the words, to the language in general.
Thank you Sophie
Sophie
Site Admin

Post by Sophie »

Magda wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:24 am Yes, I am good at words, this is my skill, at least in Polish. I pay attention to the words, to the language in general.
Thank you Sophie
I see the connection with Miko... let's see if you can get good at doing, if you choose to do the next challenge.